Company Profile: The Electoral Observation Mission (MOE) is a platform of civil society organizations, independent of state entities, political parties and private interest groups. The Mission promotes the fulfillment of every citizen’s right to participate in the conformation, exercise and control of political power. In addition, the Mission has the objective of carrying out rigorous, objective and autonomous observation of all the phases of electoral processes in Colombia, which abide by the principles of transparency, authenticity and trustworthiness, and which reflects the will of the citizenry.
Proposal Summary: The Electoral Process Activity (herein EPA or the Program) is an USAID financed program that will prioritize actions of citizen oversight and electoral observation in regions where historically there have been incidents of political violence and electoral crime and where the Electoral Observation Mission has identified high levels of electoral risks through its previous work in this field.
The EPA also strengthen MOE’s traditional activities such as national deployment of observers, legislative monitoring of political and electoral reforms, the Pilasconelvoto citizen reporting system and the elaboration of MOE´s Electoral Risk Maps.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Expert and English Writing and Editing Specialist is responsible for overseeing all projects, sub-grantees monitoring and verification of activities and indicators, to collect the required data to report in professional English to our donors and to support the international relations of the organization. Familiarity with evaluation methodologies will be considered an additional asset. The position will be based in Bogotá.
- Preparation and control of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan.
- Preparation and delivery of activity reports according to the request of cooperators.
- Search and development of projects.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of the plans and activities developed by MOE.
- Project monitoring and evaluation plan, including data collection to report. All documents must be in English.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan through supervision to capture and analyze data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of follow-up meetings with cooperation officers.
- Preparation and translation of technical reports according to the established schedule.
- Input of data and supports in the monitoring and evaluation systems that each project has.
- Conduct the call for international observers of MOE.
- Preparation of the necessary materials for the international electoral observation of MOE.
- Coordinate communication between the regional offices of MOE and international observers who wish to travel to these areas.
- Coordinate the international agenda of MOE in Bogotá.
- Collect and consolidate the observer reports of international observers for the preparation of the final post-election report.
- Other tasks inherent to the development of the object of the contract.
Roles and responsabilities
- Work plan of each project.
- Indicators of each project.
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan.
- Preparation of reports according to the schedule requested by the donors.
- Carry out project impact evaluations.
- Data entry and supports in the monitoring and evaluation systems that the project has.
- Gather public opinion information about the impact of the work carried out through the projects.
- Support the preparation of reports for cooperation agencies and national agreements.
- International observation narrative reports.
- Accreditation and deployment of international observers in elections to be monitored.
- Procedures for the correct deployment and visibility of international observers.
- Comply with the activities described in the documents of the process to which it belongs.
- Support the proper performance of the process to which it belongs.
- Support in the fulfillment of the requirements established in ISO 9001:2015 according to the activities developed in the process to which it belongs.
The contract lasts for one year with a possibility of an extension of the same period, with two months of trial period, starting in May 2018.
- The position is based in Bogotá DC.
- Comprehensive salary: COP $7.035.607 Monthly salary $ 4.633.200 plus benefits of law $2.402.407
- Type of contract: Employment contract with all benefits
C.V. must be sent to the following address: [email protected]
Deadline for applications reception: April 15, 2018
- GNDEM manifiesta su preocupación por la situación de Participación Ciudadana en Ecuador
- Convocatoria para evaluar el proyecto “Democracia Ciudadana para la Paz”
- Requisitos del CNE no pueden afectar las revocatorias del mandato: MOE
- BOLETÍN MOE 11 DE AGOSTO DE 2017
- MOE solicita adecuada destrucción de los formularios que registraron los votantes de las consultas multipartidistas